This one goes out to a very brave woman.
I used to think that she was a feminist, and that was the box I allocated to her, until the events of December 5th took place. Then I discovered, much to my surprise, that this is one mean momma!!!! and a very courageous one at that.
Since the coup, she has been consistent in her calls for the resignation of the IG, the restoration of the law, the stop of human rights abuses. So much so that the Interim AG felt the need to make a public statement, a "line in the sand" moment to make her decide whether she was a Fiji Human Rights Commissioner or not. This is his reasoning:
"If Shamima has an issue then she should either raise it or resign from being a commissioner."
The lady has an issue with you, Khaiyum, and the Interim regime and she is raising it. The fact that you do not acknowledge it raises a few more issues such as:
- You are avoiding the issue.
- You suffer from selective amnesia, and cannot remember that the regime you have now become a part of is the cause of all the human rights violations in Fiji.
- It is her job to protect the rights of Fiji citizens, rights that you are an accomplice in trying to trample underfoot.
- She is tasked to look after the welfare of the FHRC. You are not.
- Her appointment is legal.
- Your appointment is not legal...you probably got it because you were desperate for a job and Frank was equally desperate for a bushlawyer. Politics does make strange bedfellows.
- You cannot take the pressure.
- You can't handle criticism.
The transistion from being a boy to being a man is known formally as curuibure and the term that describes the lot of you is
ps..Shamima, if you read this, it doesn't mean I agree with everything you stand for...LOL. However, you have my respect for standing up for the truth.